Friday 5 March 2010

Why on Earth would anyone read this blog?

Not that I think anyone would want to (or even necessarily should) read this, but occasionally I need to get some of my thoughts out of my head. I have a vague hope that they'll make more sense in type than they do in my brain.

I'm more of a sculptor than an improviser, so I'll happily spend an hour trying to get a paragraph to behave itself the best I can. I like the idea of writing things as accurately, concisely and understandably as possible. Having said that, I should probably point out that concise means 'short and clear'.

I've never previously felt much of a desire to read blogs, so I don't expect that anyone will want to read mine. I do think it's possible that some of the things I'm thinking might help someone, or encourage someone, or possibly make someone think "no you're wrong, this is how it really is". I tend to think quite deeply about things, and while mostly that might make me seem like a bit of a tart, I think a lot of people need to stretch their brains to think about more than football, Romania's next top model or what might be for dinner.

If I use any long words it's only because I'm not clever enough to think of the right short ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment